Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What I would love

Since I am graduating this May I have been thinking a lot about what I am going to do, what I really want to do and what jobs will make me happy. One thing I know, is that I need to keep crafting and creativity in my life. However I would like it to be more than just a hobby. As all you readers know I have Wax Eloquent now, with my glowing candle holders and earrings, but I know that it cannot support me once I get out of school. I mean I hope it will but realistically I am just hoping for a few sales between now and then so I can afford to go see a movie that's not a matinee.

As I have been contemplating what would be ideal, I thought wouldn't it be awesome if people who pay me to knit stuff for them? Knitting is something that I really enjoy and happen to be good at, and knitting for a living would be awesome. But I would probably get fat. I would sit and knit and watch movies and TV ALL DAY! But I would love it. However, even this wouldn't totally satisfy me and my need to be around people often.

Then on the opposite end from crafty business is working within my major. Finance major econ minor, there is a lot I can do with that as well. I think running my own craft business is actually a good blend. If I were to become a full time entrepreneur I would use everything I learned from business school, while still having a creative outlet. As of right now I don't think I can support myself in this way. So just like every other college senior I will be applying for jobs for the next couple months and keeping my fingers crossed that Wax Eloquent becomes a huge success!

But in my interpersonal relations class today we have to write our own personal mission statement. So, whatever I decide to do, I want it to fit in with my person mission statement. Here is what I have so far...

To always be thoughtful in thoughts and action, to treat my friends as family and my family as friends. To keep happiness and fun as constant companions and finally to be generous with my gifts and share creativity with the world around me.




No comments:

Post a Comment