Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Irish Eyes Are Smiling

I have 8 Styrofoam balls left over from Christmas. Yes I over bought, and now I am scratching my head trying to figure out what to do with all of them. Today I decided to use up some of the sequins I have, also left over from Christmas. Ready to make a cute green and gold decoration to celebrate the Irish in you?

Supplies
  • Styrofoam ball
  • Straight pins
  • Green and Gold sequins
  • Clip art print out
  • Optional- Beads and Glue





Here I started with a sequin then a bead then the pin. But I ended up taking out the beads, since I think they distract from the image. So the pictures will show both ways.

Stay on the edges and then fill in the design. You can pin right over the design. Remember to take out the pins you used to put on the clip art as you get around to them.

Once you finish the shamrock your decoration it will look like this...

Once you go around the outside of the shamrock, continue covering the rest of the ball with the gold sequins. I only did the design on one side, but you could do two designs, or even a few smaller shapes on yours!

Here is the finish product! Not quite sure what I am going to do with this guy. I think I will attach a ribbon to the top and hang it somewhere, but it might end up as part of a larger St. Patrick's Day display!

Here is another picture with another Styrofoam ball project that is headed you way later this week. I found a neat way to cover the ball with felt. No glue, and the pins are not holding it on either.... A Mystery!

*One quick tip, if you add ribbon dip the pin in a little glue then push it through the ribbon and into the Styrofoam. This will prevent the weight of the ball from pulling the ribbon out when hanging.

** This is a great project you can zone out and do while watching the Olympics! That's what I did, just watch those pins!

No comments:

Post a Comment