Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Food Friday

Welcome to my first Food Friday

This week's subject is bacon, surprised? But I promise I won't pick bacon themed Food Friday every week, just this week. I can even tell you next week is a desert/snack recipe.

Do you remember this post I did a little bit ago? Well after I wrote it I hit the contact us part of the J&D's site just to let them know I had written about their new product. Later than night when I checked my e-mail I had a reply saying they were going to send me some samples!! Boy was I excited. I called my mom, and sent texts to like ten people. I was on cloud nine! A short three days later I came home to a package sitting, waiting to be opened.

When I ripped the box open the first thing I spotted was the bacon popcorn. Popcorn is also one of my top foods so I am extremely excited to pop some up!!

They also included some bacon salt which I first discovered at Luna Park Cafe in West Seattle. I already have some at home in Seattle and now I have some here too. The bacon salt sticker is awaiting the perfect place of prominence. But I haven't found that perfect place yet. The most interesting thing included?

The bacon lip balm. I was actually scared to try this stuff out. I am not generally afraid of anything bacon related...

As you can tell from the picture, the seal has been broken. I did try it, but only once so far. I tried it out after I had eaten too much food and already felt kind of sick. Consequently it didn't sit to well with me. But I will try it again. It defiantly tastes like bacon.

So foodies, go out and cook up some bacon. Or sprinkle some bacon salt on some fries. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment