Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Share the Love

Today I didn't do much of consequence in the crafty/bacon, my 2 favorite topics, realm. I thought I would share with you one of my favorite bloggers!

I discovered French Press Knits a while back and since then I literally hit refresh all the time hoping she will post something new. I bet plenty of you have seen her pretty slipper pattern or the slipper themselves on Etsy. They seem to be pretty popular, I can't wait until I have time in my knitting line up to sneak those guys in!

The reason I love the blog so much, is that she loves knitting. I can really relate to someone who loves knitting as much as I do.

In addition she makes patterns which I think is wonderful. I think it takes really skill to write a pattern, let alone post some for free, on the web. I have written a few patterns in my time, usually for my mom, but that's about as far as I get. Having them on the web for everyone to try, that takes guts, and I think a lot of people don't realize that its a big step coming out with your first pattern. Defiantly a leap of faith, in my opinion! What if no one likes it, or you made an error, or no one can understand you instructions. I bet Miss French Press Knits never has the knitting self doubt like me, but I really admire her, her beautiful photgrahs, and her blog. So go ahead and check it out, you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment