Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Spring Wreath

Before Christmas I bought a Styrofoam wreath form. I was planning on making a Christmas wreath. But I never got around to it. I have been debating what to do with this wreath and to celebrate spring I created this beautiful yellow and green wreath for our door!


I thought I would share how I did this wreath so everyone can celebrate spring!

Start by winding a small ball of yarn from your larger ball. This will make it easier to wrap. It is really hard to estimate how much yarn to wind but err on the side of too much.

Start wrapping the form. Wrap over the end a few times and it should be secure. Wrap until the wreath is covered.


Glue in the center of the flower- I chose a pearl bead.

Place your flowers on the wreath and glue. I put mine off to the side a little.

Now you have a few options. I took 12 strands of yarn and braided them. Then I glued them on the back of my wreath like so...
You could also use ribbon of a contrasting yarn.

Ta DA! A pretty spring wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment